AceclofenacThank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Class of drug: (Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs are those which reduce pain in fever inflammation and blood clotting.
Aceclofenac is a potent inhibitor of cyclo-oxygenase which is involveing in the production of prostaglandins. Side effects of the drug are diarrhea, vomiting, rash, and others also. For adults, 100mg can be taken twice a day.
Take this medicine only as per a doctor’s prescription or pharmacist’s advice.
Mechanism of action aceclofenac:
Aceclofenac is a potent inhibitor of cyclo-oxygenase which is involved in the production of prostaglandins.
Absorption: Well, absorbed from the GI tract (oral); peak plasma concentrations after 1-3 hr.
Distribution: Protein-binding: 99%.
Excretion: Urine (as hydroxy metabolites); 4 hr (elimination half-life).
Indication & dosage of aceclofenac:
Drugs are using in this condition if you have Ankylosing spondylitis, Rheumatoid arthritis, or Osteoarthritis.
Aceclofenac dose in adults: 100 mg bid ( Two time in a day)
If you have a problem like Hepatic impairment: Reduce the initial dose to 100 mg daily.
Hou to take the aceclofenac:
This drug is taken with food and you can also take it immediately after food.
Adverse drug reactions of aceclofenac:
- Abdominal pain
- Increased LFTs.
If a person has such a problem, then medicine cannot be given because it can increase the chances of death like.
- Severe GI bleeding
- Blood dyscrasias.
If you have these signs and symptoms after taking medicine, then contact your doctor immediately. and stop taking this medicine
If you ever have this kind of disease, then you cannot take this medicine.
- Hypersensitivity to aspirin or NSAIDs
- Moderate to severe renal impairment
- Pregnancy (3rd trimester)
- History of peptic ulceration or GI bleed
- Patients with infections.
If an overdose occurs due to drug taking in a person, then it can be manage in this way
- Gastric lavage and treatment with activated charcoal.
- Treatment is supportive and symptomatic.
- Hemoperfusion is unlikely to be useful.
There are some special conditions in which this medicine cannot be taken. If the medicine is taken in this condition, then it can be life threatening.
- Cautiously administer to patients with GI disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Crohn’s disease
- Hematological abnormalities
- Hepatic porphyria
- History of bronchial asthma
- History of heart failure or hypertension
- Mild renal impairment
- Hepatic impairment
- Cardiac impairment
- May impair the ability to drive or operate machinery.
- It May increase plasma concentrations of lithium and digoxin.
- Increased nephrotoxicity when used with diuretics or ciclosporin.
- Monitor serum potassium when used with potassium-sparing diuretics and ACE inhibitors.
- May enhance the activity of anticoagulants.
- May increase the risk of methotrexate toxicity when administered within 24 hr of methotrexate admin.
- Increased risk of GI bleeds with other NSAIDs.
- Increased risk of convulsion with quinolones.